South Bay News
Burning body found near Hwy 85 in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- Firefighters discovered a body in a fire on a San Jose freeway onramp Tuesday night.
Brush and trees were reported to be on fire on the Cottle Road onramp to northbound state Route 85 at 9:16 p.m., according to the fire department.
As firefighters were putting out the fire, they discovered there was a body in the flames.
The fire is contained but not under control and San Jose police are responding to the scene to investigate, fire officials said.
Details about the body have not yet been determined.
san jose, SJPD, crime, murder, south bay news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 34 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 47 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 38 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
34 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
38 min ago