South Bay News
Smoke in Santa Clara County government center
SAN JOSE -- The Santa Clara County government center in San Jose has been evacuated this morning after smoke was reported in the building, a San Jose fire captain said.
The building at 70 W. Hedding St. was evacuated around 8:30 a.m., fire Capt. Cleo Doss said.
Smoke and a smell from what appeared to be electrical equipment burning triggered the alarm, Doss said.
The workers were allowed to return to the building around 9:30 a.m..
santa clara county, san jose, south bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed