South Bay News
Smoke in Santa Clara County government center
SAN JOSE -- The Santa Clara County government center in San Jose has been evacuated this morning after smoke was reported in the building, a San Jose fire captain said.
The building at 70 W. Hedding St. was evacuated around 8:30 a.m., fire Capt. Cleo Doss said.
Smoke and a smell from what appeared to be electrical equipment burning triggered the alarm, Doss said.
The workers were allowed to return to the building around 9:30 a.m..
santa clara county, san jose, south bay news
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela 8 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl 31 min ago
- New option studied for treating back pain 46 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- New option studied for treating back pain
46 min ago
- Fitness trackers gaining popularity
20 min ago