South Bay News
Smoke in Santa Clara County government center
SAN JOSE -- The Santa Clara County government center in San Jose has been evacuated this morning after smoke was reported in the building, a San Jose fire captain said.
The building at 70 W. Hedding St. was evacuated around 8:30 a.m., fire Capt. Cleo Doss said.
Smoke and a smell from what appeared to be electrical equipment burning triggered the alarm, Doss said.
The workers were allowed to return to the building around 9:30 a.m..
santa clara county, san jose, south bay news
- 5-alarm fire burning at building near China Basin 9 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident 55 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos