South Bay News
Grass fire burns near Coyote Creek Golf Club
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Fire crews have contained a quarter-acre grass fire near a south San Jose golf course, a Cal Fire division chief said.
The fire was reported at 1:30 p.m. near Coyote Ranch Road, just west of U.S. Highway 101, Cal Fire division chief Jim Crawford said.
The grassy area is near the Coyote Creek Golf Club.
The fire was contained just before 2 p.m., and was about to be controlled as of 3 p.m., Crawford said.
He said no injuries were reported and no structures were damaged.
San Jose and Morgan Hill fire crews assisted, he said.
san jose, highway 101, cal fire, fire, south bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 11 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side 53 min ago
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver 46 min ago
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 14 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
11 min ago
- Bay Area residents monitor SKorea ferry...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos