South Bay News
Grass fire burns near Coyote Creek Golf Club
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Fire crews have contained a quarter-acre grass fire near a south San Jose golf course, a Cal Fire division chief said.
The fire was reported at 1:30 p.m. near Coyote Ranch Road, just west of U.S. Highway 101, Cal Fire division chief Jim Crawford said.
The grassy area is near the Coyote Creek Golf Club.
The fire was contained just before 2 p.m., and was about to be controlled as of 3 p.m., Crawford said.
He said no injuries were reported and no structures were damaged.
San Jose and Morgan Hill fire crews assisted, he said.
san jose, highway 101, cal fire, fire, south bay news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 7 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas 56 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- Armed robbery at bingo fundraiser in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
57 min ago