South Bay News
Lanes reopen on Hwy. 152 after chickens blocked highway
Highway 152 in Santa Clara County was blocked for several hours in both directions after a big rig carrying frozen chickens overturned Sunday.
The crash occurred on Highway 152 near state Highway 156 east of Gilroy at 5 a.m.
The CHP said it took a long time to clear the highway because they had to wait until another freezer truck arrived to haul away the frozen chickens.
The roadway opened at 2:30 p.m.
gilroy, fire, south bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang 11 min ago
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos