South Bay News
Lanes reopen on Hwy. 152 after chickens blocked highway
Highway 152 in Santa Clara County was blocked for several hours in both directions after a big rig carrying frozen chickens overturned Sunday.
The crash occurred on Highway 152 near state Highway 156 east of Gilroy at 5 a.m.
The CHP said it took a long time to clear the highway because they had to wait until another freezer truck arrived to haul away the frozen chickens.
The roadway opened at 2:30 p.m.
gilroy, fire, south bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 59 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 8 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday