South Bay News
Lanes reopen on Hwy. 152 after chickens blocked highway
Highway 152 in Santa Clara County was blocked for several hours in both directions after a big rig carrying frozen chickens overturned Sunday.
The crash occurred on Highway 152 near state Highway 156 east of Gilroy at 5 a.m.
The CHP said it took a long time to clear the highway because they had to wait until another freezer truck arrived to haul away the frozen chickens.
The roadway opened at 2:30 p.m.
gilroy, fire, south bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 43 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 41 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
43 min ago