South Bay News
Evacuations after two-alarm fire in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- Firefighters were able to extinguish a fire in a car in an underground parking garage in San Jose this morning, fire officials said.
Crews responded to a report of a fire at 420 Sands Drive at about 3:55 a.m., officials said.
When crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the underground parking garage of an apartment complex on the street, according to fire officials.
A couple people had complained to crews of smoke inhalation, and were transported to a hospital. At that time, about 4:20 a.m., a second alarm was called, officials said.
The second alarm was called off about 10 minutes later, at about 4:30 a.m., officials said.
The fire was under control at about 4:45 a.m., officials said.
The fire is under investigation.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges 54 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF 18 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos