South Bay News
Successful Cinco de Mayo celebration in San Jose
San Jose police say they are pleased with how Cinco de Mayo celebrations went Sunday night, despite dealing with a rowdy crowd who threw bottles and rocks at a VTA bus.
Authorities say that 11 people were arrested after police were called in to break up a fight on Santa Clara Street around 8:30 p.m.
Police were able to clear the streets before anyone got hurt.
Despite the vandalism, police say Sunday's arrests were down compared to last year's celebrations.
san jose, south bay news
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela 20 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl 43 min ago
- New option studied for treating back pain 58 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- New option studied for treating back pain
58 min ago
- Fitness trackers gaining popularity
32 min ago