South Bay News
Successful Cinco de Mayo celebration in San Jose
San Jose police say they are pleased with how Cinco de Mayo celebrations went Sunday night, despite dealing with a rowdy crowd who threw bottles and rocks at a VTA bus.
Authorities say that 11 people were arrested after police were called in to break up a fight on Santa Clara Street around 8:30 p.m.
Police were able to clear the streets before anyone got hurt.
Despite the vandalism, police say Sunday's arrests were down compared to last year's celebrations.
san jose, south bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF 40 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info 44 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday