South Bay News
Child hit, killed by SUV in San Jose; woman injured
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose police are investigating a tragic situation where two children were hit by a car and one of them didn't survive.
A 6-year-old girl was killed. That girl, Aileen Quiroz, her little sister Arlet, and her aunt, Mari-Elaina, were all hit by an SUV on Bluefield Drive and Vistapark Drive in the Almaden Valley neighborhood of San Jose.
At about 3:24 p.m. the girls and woman were hit in the middle of Bluefield Drive while they were crossing the street, leaving Parkview Elementary School. The aunt was taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries. The 6-year-old girl was pronounced dead at the scene.
Neighbors in the area say they're often concerned about the speeding cars in their neighborhood and said people will blow by at 50 mph.
"The driver of the vehicle did stop. He is cooperating with the investigation. He was taken down, voluntarily, to the police department and is being interviewed right now by investigators," said San Jose Police Officer Albert Morales.
The 2-year-old girl also was injured, although the parents and the aunt did not know that at the time. She went home and then the injuries were discovered. The parents then decided to take her to the hospital to get checked out. Police say she only has minor injuries.
san jose, children, pedestrian struck, south bay news, david louie
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach 35 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 33 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd 10 min ago