South Bay News
2-alarm fire at apartment complex in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- Two residents were displaced by a fire at an apartment complex in San Jose this morning, a fire captain said.
The two-alarm fire was reported at 8:51 a.m. at 1405 Phelps Ave., near San Tomas Expressway, San Jose fire Capt. Cleo Doss said.
Crews arrived at 8:58 a.m. and found one unit engulfed in flames, Doss said. All residents got out of their apartments safely.
The fire was extinguished at 9:13 a.m., Doss said.
The American Red Cross has been called to assist the two residents who lived in the damaged unit.
No other units were affected by the blaze and no injuries were reported, Doss said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 52 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 19 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike 54 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
52 min ago