South Bay News
2-alarm fire at apartment complex in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- Two residents were displaced by a fire at an apartment complex in San Jose this morning, a fire captain said.
The two-alarm fire was reported at 8:51 a.m. at 1405 Phelps Ave., near San Tomas Expressway, San Jose fire Capt. Cleo Doss said.
Crews arrived at 8:58 a.m. and found one unit engulfed in flames, Doss said. All residents got out of their apartments safely.
The fire was extinguished at 9:13 a.m., Doss said.
The American Red Cross has been called to assist the two residents who lived in the damaged unit.
No other units were affected by the blaze and no injuries were reported, Doss said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 36 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 58 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right 28 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies 24 min ago
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos