South Bay News
Woman found dead in Holiday Inn Express room in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose police are investigating the city's 15th homicide after a gruesome discovery was made at a motel on Monterey Road Wednesday afternoon.
It was a hotel employee at the Holiday Inn Express in South San Jose who found the woman's dead body inside. The crime scene is in a ground floor room where officers are still investigating what happened.
SKY7 HD was overhead, showing the massive response by San Jose police units. Officials say they're not sure how the adult woman died. They are, however, using the term "foul play," and saying that the body showed signs of a violent struggle
Officials are not sure if the homicide occurred here, or whether the murder occurred elsewhere and the body left inside the room. The San Jose police spokesman said it appears the medical examiner will need to determine the cause of death. In the meantime, investigators are seeking the help of potential witnesses who may have heard a struggle or who might know what happened.
"We'll knock on doors, look for witnesses either here at the motel or nearby," San Jose police spokesperson Sgt. Jason Dwyer said. "We haven't found any witnesses who heard or saw the assault or the homicide take place, but that is part of the nvestigation. Hopefully we'll find somebody who knows something about this who's nearby here. But obviously there are people out there who know what happened."
This is the 15th homicide in San Jose this year.
Room doors at the motel open out onto a large parking lot, and people driving along busy Monterey Road also have a clear view of any disturbance or struggle if it occurred outside. Oak Hill Cemetery and a large mobile home park are located across the street. The Santa Clara County fairgrounds back up to the rear of the Holiday Inn Express.
Police are continuing their investigation and our coverage of this breaking news story continues as well.
san jose, SJPD, murder, crime, violence, south bay news, david louie
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos