South Bay News
Woman, child killed, another injured in stabbing near San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A woman and a toddler were killed and another child was injured in a stabbing in a home in the Alum Rock neighborhood near San Jose Wednesday afternoon.
The 48-year-old woman and 1-year-old boy were stabbed in a home on Viewmont Avenue, just outside San Jose city limits. Another 3-year-old girl was found with multiple stab wounds, was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
Earlier on Wednesday, deputies were looking for Ruben Ramirez as a person of interest in the stabbing. Deputies want to know if Ramirez was home at the time of the stabbings. He was later found in San Francisco and authorities there took him into custody.
The woman, children and Ramirez are all family members. There are multiple generations living in the home and the victims are believed to be a grandmother and her two grandchildren who she was babysitting.
A family member returning home from work around 3:30 p.m. discovered the victims.
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department is working the case because the home is just outside San Jose city limits.
children, crime, san jose, santa clara county, child death, south bay news, ama daetz
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 49 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos