South Bay News
Woman, child killed, another injured in stabbing near San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A woman and a toddler were killed and another child was injured in a stabbing in a home in the Alum Rock neighborhood near San Jose Wednesday afternoon.
The 48-year-old woman and 1-year-old boy were stabbed in a home on Viewmont Avenue, just outside San Jose city limits. Another 3-year-old girl was found with multiple stab wounds, was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
Earlier on Wednesday, deputies were looking for Ruben Ramirez as a person of interest in the stabbing. Deputies want to know if Ramirez was home at the time of the stabbings. He was later found in San Francisco and authorities there took him into custody.
The woman, children and Ramirez are all family members. There are multiple generations living in the home and the victims are believed to be a grandmother and her two grandchildren who she was babysitting.
A family member returning home from work around 3:30 p.m. discovered the victims.
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department is working the case because the home is just outside San Jose city limits.
children, crime, san jose, santa clara county, child death, south bay news, ama daetz
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire