South Bay News
San Jose police investigating overnight homicide
SAN JOSE -- Police are investigating the San Jose's 16th homicide of 2013 this morning.
At about 1:18 a.m., police received a report of an injured man lying in a parking lot in the 400 block of Blossom Hill Road in South San Jose.
Officers arrived at the scene and located an unconscious man. The man appeared to have been assaulted, police said.
San Jose fire responded to the scene and declared the man deceased.
The San Jose Police Department's Homicide Unit responded to take over the investigation.
No suspects have been identified, police said.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending notifications to his next of kin.
SJPD, crime, san jose, south bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos