South Bay News
San Jose police investigating overnight homicide
SAN JOSE -- Police are investigating the San Jose's 16th homicide of 2013 this morning.
At about 1:18 a.m., police received a report of an injured man lying in a parking lot in the 400 block of Blossom Hill Road in South San Jose.
Officers arrived at the scene and located an unconscious man. The man appeared to have been assaulted, police said.
San Jose fire responded to the scene and declared the man deceased.
The San Jose Police Department's Homicide Unit responded to take over the investigation.
No suspects have been identified, police said.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending notifications to his next of kin.
SJPD, crime, san jose, south bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 31 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
31 min ago