South Bay News
Suspect sought in death of woman found at San Jose motel
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding the suspect in the murder of a 35-year-old woman who was found dead at a Holiday Inn Express in San Jose on Wednesday.
The suspect is Julio Pliego, 43, of San Jose, who is considered armed and dangerous and may be headed for Mexico, police said.
Pliego is wanted in connection with the death of Veronica Lozano, of San Jose, whose body was found in a room at the motel, located at 2660 Monterey Road. Police said she been "brutally murdered."
Officers responded to the motel after receiving a call at 1:23 p.m. from an employee who had discovered Lozano.
Police believe Pliego may have fled in a 1997 Nissan van with California license No. 6ZQD210.
Police are also trying to locate the victim's vehicle, described as a white 1996 Chevrolet Suburban with license number of 3RWR194, police said.
Anyone with information on the case or Pliego's whereabouts is urged to call 911 or contact San Jose police's homicide unit at (408) 277-5283.
san jose, SJPD, murder, crime, violence, south bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...