South Bay News
Suspect sought in death of woman found at San Jose motel
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding the suspect in the murder of a 35-year-old woman who was found dead at a Holiday Inn Express in San Jose on Wednesday.
The suspect is Julio Pliego, 43, of San Jose, who is considered armed and dangerous and may be headed for Mexico, police said.
Pliego is wanted in connection with the death of Veronica Lozano, of San Jose, whose body was found in a room at the motel, located at 2660 Monterey Road. Police said she been "brutally murdered."
Officers responded to the motel after receiving a call at 1:23 p.m. from an employee who had discovered Lozano.
Police believe Pliego may have fled in a 1997 Nissan van with California license No. 6ZQD210.
Police are also trying to locate the victim's vehicle, described as a white 1996 Chevrolet Suburban with license number of 3RWR194, police said.
Anyone with information on the case or Pliego's whereabouts is urged to call 911 or contact San Jose police's homicide unit at (408) 277-5283.
san jose, SJPD, murder, crime, violence, south bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos