South Bay News
SJPD investigating 2 shootings that left 3 dead
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Three people are dead following two shootings overnight in San Jose. The first incident happened near North Jackson and Rhinehart Drive Sunday night. The victims were two teens between 15 and 17 years old.
A few hours later, a man died after getting shot on Hayes Avenue.
Christopher Collinge's bloody shoes give a glimpse into the traumatic night. He was in his apartment on Hayes Avenue just after 10 p.m. when he heard a quick argument and then three shots.
Collinge ran across the street to find a 21-year-old man dying on the sidewalk from at least one gunshot wound.
"And I asked him, 'do you believe in god?' He said yes. I told him to just keep breathing keep breathing. He was convulsing, gurgling a lot of blood. Blood was coming out of his nose and mouth," said Collinge. "He was just, he was going in and out of consciousness and then he woke up at one point and said, "I have a daughter." Started convulsing more and he died."
Police are investigating what led up to the shooting but were hoping Collinge could give them some clues.
"They wanted to know if I asked him who killed him. I wasn't, I didn't think to ask who shot you. All I was worried about was do you believe in god or not," said Collinge.
The violence in San Jose began about four hours earlier when the two teenage boys were shot behind a shopping center on Rhinehart Drive at about 6:30 p.m.
One victim died at the scene and the other at the hospital.
Police believe the two victims were students at a nearby high school. Authorities hope to track down a bicyclist seen speeding out of the area.
"Hispanic male, younger, on a BMX bicycle. But that's a person of interest. We don't know if he's the actual suspect or not," said Lt. Tim Kuchac of the San Jose Police Department.
The homicides mark the 17th, 18th and 19th in San Jose this year and no arrests have been made in either case.
san jose, SJPD, shooting, crime, violence, guns, south bay news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 8 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday