South Bay News
Donut shop plans to give away foie gras donuts
CAMPBELL, Calif. (KGO) -- A South Bay donut shop is thumbing its nose at California's foie gras ban.
Psycho Donuts says it will celebrate National Donut Day this Friday with donut balls filled with foie gras mousse.
California banned the sale of the delicacy nearly a year ago after the ABC7 News I-Team exposed how ducks are force fed to fatten their livers. But the law does not stop anyone from giving it away -- which is what the San Jose donut shop says it will do.
animal, food, laws, restaurants, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos