South Bay News
Donut shop plans to give away foie gras donuts
CAMPBELL, Calif. (KGO) -- A South Bay donut shop is thumbing its nose at California's foie gras ban.
Psycho Donuts says it will celebrate National Donut Day this Friday with donut balls filled with foie gras mousse.
California banned the sale of the delicacy nearly a year ago after the ABC7 News I-Team exposed how ducks are force fed to fatten their livers. But the law does not stop anyone from giving it away -- which is what the San Jose donut shop says it will do.
animal, food, laws, restaurants, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 38 min ago
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam 42 min ago
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game 9 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying 10 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Firework thrown into bleachers during...
9 min ago