South Bay News
Bryan Stow back home; insurance money runs out
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Bryan Stow is out of rehab and back at home in Santa Cruz County.
The Stow family says their insurance has stopped paying for the Bakersfield rehabilitation center where Stow has been treated for the past two years.
Stow was brutally beaten after a Giants-Dodgers game in Los Angeles on opening day in 2011.
In a statement posted on the family's blog, the Stow family says they're happy Bryan is home, but they wished he could have stayed longer at the rehab center, and it's difficult providing the 24-hour-a-day care he requires.
bryan stow, health insurance, south bay news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area 4 min ago
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole 43 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 33 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
33 min ago