South Bay News
Bryan Stow back home; insurance money runs out
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Bryan Stow is out of rehab and back at home in Santa Cruz County.
The Stow family says their insurance has stopped paying for the Bakersfield rehabilitation center where Stow has been treated for the past two years.
Stow was brutally beaten after a Giants-Dodgers game in Los Angeles on opening day in 2011.
In a statement posted on the family's blog, the Stow family says they're happy Bryan is home, but they wished he could have stayed longer at the rehab center, and it's difficult providing the 24-hour-a-day care he requires.
bryan stow, health insurance, south bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 9 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
49 min ago