South Bay News
Bicyclist in San Jose killed after 2 trucks crash, 1 lands on her
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A woman walking her bicycle in San Jose died when a dump truck and a delivery truck collided Thursday morning and one of the vehicles struck her, police said.
The accident was reported at 9:43 a.m. at the intersection of Auzerais and Lincoln avenues, police said.
A large delivery truck heading west on Auzerais Avenue and a dump truck traveling south on Lincoln collided in the middle of the intersection, police said.
The delivery truck flipped onto the driver's side and landed on the woman with the bicycle, who was crossing Auzerais Avenue on the west side of Lincoln Avenue, police said.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The drivers of the two trucks were not injured, and both are cooperating with investigators, police said.
It does not appear that alcohol or drugs played a role in the crash.
san jose, crash, bikes, pedestrian struck, south bay news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday