South Bay News
Bicyclist in San Jose killed after 2 trucks crash, 1 lands on her
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A woman walking her bicycle in San Jose died when a dump truck and a delivery truck collided Thursday morning and one of the vehicles struck her, police said.
The accident was reported at 9:43 a.m. at the intersection of Auzerais and Lincoln avenues, police said.
A large delivery truck heading west on Auzerais Avenue and a dump truck traveling south on Lincoln collided in the middle of the intersection, police said.
The delivery truck flipped onto the driver's side and landed on the woman with the bicycle, who was crossing Auzerais Avenue on the west side of Lincoln Avenue, police said.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The drivers of the two trucks were not injured, and both are cooperating with investigators, police said.
It does not appear that alcohol or drugs played a role in the crash.
san jose, crash, bikes, pedestrian struck, south bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 52 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms 32 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 59 min ago
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos