South Bay News
Car crashes into Milpitas Starbucks, no injuries
MILPITAS, Calif. (KGO) -- A car crashed into a Starbucks on Calaveras Boulevard in Milpitas, right off Interstate 680.
Milpitas police say a 59-year-old woman crashed into the Starbucks just before 7:24 a.m. Five customers and five employees were inside at the time, but amazingly no one was injured. Damage from the car reached all the way to the counter.
A Starbucks regional manager says this is the fourth car to crash into one of the stores in Milpitas and Fremont in the past three years.
Police said the driver was cooperative and would likely not be cited or face any charges. The car was towed from the scene.
The Starbucks was closed for repairs for several hours, but reopened later in the afternoon.
starbucks, crash, milpitas, south bay news, matt keller
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M 26 min ago
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- Broadband in schools gets boost from tech gurus
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies 15 min ago
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday