South Bay News
Car crashes into Milpitas Starbucks, no injuries
MILPITAS, Calif. (KGO) -- A car crashed into a Starbucks on Calaveras Boulevard in Milpitas, right off Interstate 680.
Milpitas police say a 59-year-old woman crashed into the Starbucks just before 7:24 a.m. Five customers and five employees were inside at the time, but amazingly no one was injured. Damage from the car reached all the way to the counter.
A Starbucks regional manager says this is the fourth car to crash into one of the stores in Milpitas and Fremont in the past three years.
Police said the driver was cooperative and would likely not be cited or face any charges. The car was towed from the scene.
The Starbucks was closed for repairs for several hours, but reopened later in the afternoon.
starbucks, crash, milpitas, south bay news, matt keller
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos