South Bay News
San Jose crews battle house fire that injures one, displaces three
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- One person was injured and a family was displaced from a one-alarm blaze that firefighters spent about an hour to knock down this morning in San Jose, officials said.
Crews responded to a report of a fire at a home in the 5900 block of South Garden Court at about 3:45 a.m., a dispatcher said.
The blaze engulfed a home, injuring one and displacing a family of three - two adults and one child, officials said.
The injury is not considered life-threatening, the dispatcher said.
At about 4:50 a.m., the fire was knocked down, and just before 5 a.m., it was deemed under control, the dispatcher said.
No other structures were damaged in the fire.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 19 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting 13 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos