South Bay News
San Jose crews battle house fire that injures one, displaces three
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- One person was injured and a family was displaced from a one-alarm blaze that firefighters spent about an hour to knock down this morning in San Jose, officials said.
Crews responded to a report of a fire at a home in the 5900 block of South Garden Court at about 3:45 a.m., a dispatcher said.
The blaze engulfed a home, injuring one and displacing a family of three - two adults and one child, officials said.
The injury is not considered life-threatening, the dispatcher said.
At about 4:50 a.m., the fire was knocked down, and just before 5 a.m., it was deemed under control, the dispatcher said.
No other structures were damaged in the fire.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
40 min ago