South Bay News
Young San Jose boy drowns in community pool
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A 4-year-old boy drowned in the community pool of a mobile home park in San Jose Friday evening, according to police.
Officers responded to the County Fair mobile home park at 270 Umbarger Road at 5:42 p.m., police Sgt. Jason Dwyer said.
The boy was found in unresponsive in the pool and was taken to a hospital but pronounced dead a short time later, Dwyer said.
No foul play is suspected in the boy's death. His name is being withheld pending notification of his family.
san jose, south bay news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records 2 min ago
- I-5 in Stockton reopens after officer-involved shooting
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday