South Bay News
Great America roller coaster reopens after noise complaints
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- The Gold Striker roller coaster at Great America is back up and running just in time for the Fourth of July holiday.
The newest roller coaster at the amusement park was shut down after neighbors complained the riders were making too much noise. Crews have now built a tunnel across part of the coaster to help muffle the sound.
The coaster closed Monday for reconstruction. It opened once more for riders late Wednesday afternoon.
santa clara, south bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 51 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ 42 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train 18 min ago
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise 4 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 30 min ago
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA 11 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
18 min ago