South Bay News
Man shot, killed in San Jose Friday night
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A 32-year-old man was shot and killed Friday night in San Jose's 27th murder this year, police said Saturday morning.
Around 9:45 p.m., police got a report of a person shot in the 1300 block in San Jose's Alviso neighborhood, Sgt. Jason Dwyer said.
Officers arriving on the scene found the victim, who was suffering from gunshot wounds.
The man was taken to Valley Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead around 10:30 p.m., according to police.
Dwyer said no suspects have been identified or apprehended in connection with the killing.
Investigators have not determined a motive for the murder and do not know if it was gang-related.
The killing is the city's 27th homicide of 2013.
On Wednesday, a man was found stabbed to death at the Julian Street Inn homeless shelter.
Another resident of the shelter was arrested in connection with that murder.
crime, shooting, san jose, south bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire