South Bay News
Morgan Hill man arrested for lewd acts with minor
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Morgan Hill police arrested a man who was working as a YMCA child care provider after a 6-year-old girl alleged the man forced her to engage in a lewd and lascivious act while attending a YMCA child care program.
Police were notified on Friday about the incident and arrested Nicolas Lhermine, 20 years old, of Morgan Hill. During their investigation, police located evidence of another sexual assault victim.
Lhermine violated several YMCA policies that were in place preventing staff from being alone with children. Lhermine has been working for the YMCA for the past four years in various capacities.
The YMCA will be notifying parents of children who have been in contact with Lhermine.
The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office has charged Lhermine with sexual acts with a child 10 years old or younger and possession of child pornography.
Anyone with information regarding this incident, or who believes they may also have been a victim of Lhermine is encouraged to contact Morgan Hill Police Department Detective Burdick at (408) 779-2101 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 947-STOP (7867).
morgan hill, crime, child abuse, children, south bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday