South Bay News
Motorcyclist dies in SJ crash with suspected drunk driver
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A motorcyclist was killed in a crash involving a suspected drunk driver in San Jose on Friday night, police said Saturday morning.
Police said dispatchers received reports of a collision involving a motorcycle and several cars in the 1400 block of White Road around 9:45 p.m.
Officers arrived on the scene to find a motorcyclist down on the pavement and several damaged vehicles.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene a short time before 10 p.m., police said.
Based on a preliminary investigation, police determined that a Lexus was heading north on White Road when it crossed into the roadway's southbound lane and struck the motorcyclist, according to police.
Police said officers determined that alcohol was a factor in the crash.
The driver of the Lexus, a 23-year-old man, was taken to a hospital and treated for what were not believed to be life-threatening injuries.
No additional injuries were reported.
The man, whose name has not been released, was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter, drunk driving and hit and run and taken to Santa Clara County Jail.
Police said the crash was San Jose's 22nd fatal collision this year.
san jose, south bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in SF near Stern Grove 26 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos