South Bay News
Motorcyclist killed in SJ crash with suspected drunk driver ID'd
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A motorcyclist who was killed in a crash involving a suspected drunk driver in San Jose on Friday night has been identified as 60-year-old Noel Reynoso, according to the medical examiner's office.
Police said dispatchers received reports of a collision involving a motorcycle and several cars in the 1400 block of White Road around 9:45 p.m.
Reynoso, a Santa Clara resident, was found on the ground by emergency responders and pronounced dead at the scene.
A preliminary investigation revealed that a Lexus was heading north on White Road when it crossed into the roadway's southbound lane and struck Reynoso, according to police.
The driver of the Lexus, a 23-year-old man, was taken to a hospital and treated for what were not believed to be life-threatening injuries.
No additional injuries were reported.
The man, whose name has not been released, was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter, drunk driving and hit and run and taken to Santa Clara County Jail.
Police said the crash was San Jose's 22nd fatal collision this year.
san jose, crash, DUI, alcohol, hit and run, south bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 7 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday