South Bay News
Motorcyclist killed in SJ crash with suspected drunk driver ID'd
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A motorcyclist who was killed in a crash involving a suspected drunk driver in San Jose on Friday night has been identified as 60-year-old Noel Reynoso, according to the medical examiner's office.
Police said dispatchers received reports of a collision involving a motorcycle and several cars in the 1400 block of White Road around 9:45 p.m.
Reynoso, a Santa Clara resident, was found on the ground by emergency responders and pronounced dead at the scene.
A preliminary investigation revealed that a Lexus was heading north on White Road when it crossed into the roadway's southbound lane and struck Reynoso, according to police.
The driver of the Lexus, a 23-year-old man, was taken to a hospital and treated for what were not believed to be life-threatening injuries.
No additional injuries were reported.
The man, whose name has not been released, was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter, drunk driving and hit and run and taken to Santa Clara County Jail.
Police said the crash was San Jose's 22nd fatal collision this year.
san jose, crash, DUI, alcohol, hit and run, south bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF 40 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos