South Bay News
Man attacks 2 dogs at San Jose park
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- There was a bizarre incident in San Jose. Police say a man trying to buy drugs at a park attacked two dogs with a handsaw before being bitten by a pit bull.
Witnesses say it started when a 55-year-old homeless man asked three men for marijuana at St. James Park Sunday.
When the men ignored him, the suspect attacked their dogs with a saw. One of the dogs bit the man.
He tried to run away, but was tackled by another group of men, who kicked and punched him.
The suspect suffered bite wounds and bruises. The dogs were cut, but should recover.
san jose, south bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake 48 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 32 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency 13 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 53 min ago
- Police arrest man, 3 teens for attempted home burglary 36 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case