South Bay News
Deer stuck in net rescued in Santa Cruz Mountains
SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS, Calif. (KGO) -- New video shows a deer being rescued after it became stuck in a net in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
The net was strung along a creek off Branciforte Drive, north of Santa Cruz.
A passerby spotted the 1-year old buck Monday afternoon and called Wildlife Emergency Services and the Santa Cruz County Animal Shelter.
Once the buck was freed, it bolted for safety. Experts say that's a good sign it will recover from the ordeal, noting that this kind of stress can kill a young deer.
santa cruz, santa cruz mountains, animal, animals in peril, rescue, south bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 35 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 33 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos