South Bay News
San Jose officer injured in chase after patrol car hits tree
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A San Jose police officer was injured when he crashed a patrol car into a tree on Saturday night.
At about 8:15 p.m., the officer spotted a known parolee with an active arrest warrant for narcotics who was driving near South 11th and East Santa Clara streets, San Jose police Sgt Jason Dwyer said.
The officer initiated a pursuit into the 100 block of South 11th Street, where the suspect pulled over and fled on foot, Dwyer said.
The officer was taken to Regional Medical Center to be treated for a concussion and back pain, Dwyer said. He was later released.
A house-to-house search for the suspect yielded no results, and an investigation into his whereabouts is ongoing.
san jose, crime, police chase, south bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Mountain View police searching for missing boy 28 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 8 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 46 min ago
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 19 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 31 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
44 min ago