South Bay News
Woman attacked near Santa Clara University
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- Police say a woman in her early 20s was walking home to her apartment from a nearby 7-Eleven when a man grabbed her from behind in City Plaza Park in Santa Clara and told her not to make any noise. Investigators say the woman turned around and kicked him in the groin and ran off.She called police and officers were able to get a scent for police dogs and tracked it about a block and a half away to the Santa Clara University campus where the scent ended. Investigators don't know where the suspect went from there.
Summer school classes are in session and campus officials were notified of the incident.
Officers say they are concerned about this incident but don't know why this man grabbed the woman -- saying nothing sexual took place.
Stay with ABC7NEWS.COM for updates on this developing story.
santa clara, crime, south bay news, matt keller
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos