South Bay News
17 displaced by apartment fire in San Jose
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- The Red Cross is helping 17 people displaced by an early morning apartment building fire in West San Jose.
The kitchen fire destroyed two Waterbury Court apartments and the intense heat shattered windows in several others.
Nobody was injured. Many of the displaced residents will spend the night in a hotel and will be cleared to return home once power is restored.
fire, san jose, red cross, south bay news, matt keller
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 56 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars 37 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 40 min ago
- Man found fatally shot in Concord 13 min ago
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body