South Bay News
Two Sacramento-area men fatally shot near Watsonville ID'd
Two men who were found shot to death on a street near U.S. Highway 101 in Monterey County on Sunday night have been identified as Navneal Singh, 22, and Demetrius Isaiah Safford, 23, according to the Monterey County Sheriff's Office.
The names of the victims, who both lived in the Sacramento area, were released Wednesday after family members had been notified of their deaths, sheriff's officials said.
The sheriff's office responded to a report from a passing motorist of two bodies on Dunbarton Road in Royal Oaks, southeast of Watsonville, at 10:12 p.m. Sunday, according to the sheriff's office.
The bodies were behind a car parked on the road's shoulder, sheriff's officials said.
The case remains under investigation.
Anyone with information on the deaths is asked to call Sgt. Terry Kaiser at (831) 755-3772 or the sheriff's tip line at (888) 833-4847.
sacramento, watsonville, monterey county, highway 101, shooting, guns, violence, south bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 37 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 58 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos