South Bay News
Surveillance video examined in fatal San Jose shooting
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- San Jose police are studying surveillance video in the hopes of identifying a gunman who killed a 22-year-old man.
Family members say Ramon Garcia, a father of five, had gotten into an argument with a man Saturday afternoon at nearby Saint James Park.
In the surveillance video you can see Garcia get off his bicycle and back up against a car. The gunman chases him down and shoots the victim in the head.
Garcia's aunt, Patricia Lechuga, says her nephew was trying to turn his life around.
"I asked him if he was going to stay out of trouble, stay out of jail," she said. "And he said 'yeah tia, I'm gonna do good, I'm gonna try and do good this time and I'm gonna do it for me and my kids.'"
This was the city's 33rd homicide of the year.
san jose, shooting, crime, guns, violence, gang violence, SJPD, caught on tape, south bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 29 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 36 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos