South Bay News
Two officer-involved shootings in San Jose
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- San Jose police say a robbery suspect has been shot by police after he tried to run over an officer with his car.
Officers spotted a car suspected of being connected to a robbery in the area of King Road and Alum Rock Avenue around 1 a.m., Officer Albert Morales said.
After a failed attempt at a traffic stop, the car fled at a high rate of speed. The car ultimately crashed in the area of Wilshire Boulevard and King Road, less than a half mile away, Morales said.
The suspect was shot at least once during a confrontation with police.
He was taken to hospital where he's being treated for his injuries.
A search for a second suspect is underway.
The second shooting happened near San Carlos and Lincoln Avenue where an officer shot at another robbery suspect after he refused to put down his gun.
The suspect was not hurt and was taken into custody.
Bay City News contributed to this story.
SJPD, crime, shooting, south bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday