South Bay News
Two officer-involved shootings in San Jose
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- San Jose police say a robbery suspect has been shot by police after he tried to run over an officer with his car.
Officers spotted a car suspected of being connected to a robbery in the area of King Road and Alum Rock Avenue around 1 a.m., Officer Albert Morales said.
After a failed attempt at a traffic stop, the car fled at a high rate of speed. The car ultimately crashed in the area of Wilshire Boulevard and King Road, less than a half mile away, Morales said.
The suspect was shot at least once during a confrontation with police.
He was taken to hospital where he's being treated for his injuries.
A search for a second suspect is underway.
The second shooting happened near San Carlos and Lincoln Avenue where an officer shot at another robbery suspect after he refused to put down his gun.
The suspect was not hurt and was taken into custody.
Bay City News contributed to this story.
SJPD, crime, shooting, south bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday