South Bay News
Two officer-involved shootings in San Jose
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- San Jose police say a robbery suspect has been shot by police after he tried to run over an officer with his car.
Officers spotted a car suspected of being connected to a robbery in the area of King Road and Alum Rock Avenue around 1 a.m., Officer Albert Morales said.
After a failed attempt at a traffic stop, the car fled at a high rate of speed. The car ultimately crashed in the area of Wilshire Boulevard and King Road, less than a half mile away, Morales said.
The suspect was shot at least once during a confrontation with police.
He was taken to hospital where he's being treated for his injuries.
A search for a second suspect is underway.
The second shooting happened near San Carlos and Lincoln Avenue where an officer shot at another robbery suspect after he refused to put down his gun.
The suspect was not hurt and was taken into custody.
Bay City News contributed to this story.
SJPD, crime, shooting, south bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 53 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash 31 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
16 min ago