South Bay News
Body found in car near elementary school in SJ
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose police are investigating the discovery of a body near San Antonio Elementary School Tuesday afternoon, a police sergeant said.
Officers responded to a 911 call from someone reporting a body in a vehicle at South King Road and San Antonio Street at 12:41 p.m., Sgt. Heather Randol said.
The person was found unresponsive and was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:45 p.m., she said.
The death has not been classified as a murder, but the Police Department's homicide unit is investigating the case as a matter of protocol, Randol said.
Police said all of the children at the elementary school are safe and that there is no public safety issue.
crime, san jose, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos