South Bay News
Man fatally shot in east San Jose, suspect remains at large
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating a shooting that left a man dead Friday night in East San Jose.
Officers responded to a report of a person shot in the 900 block of Gilchrist Drive at about 9:40 p.m., Sgt. Heather Randol said.
When they arrived, they found a man suffering from at least one gunshot wound. The man, whose name has not yet been released, was pronounced dead at the scene, Randol said.
Police have not yet identified or apprehended a suspect, and the shooting remains under investigation, the sergeant said.
It is unknown if the incident was gang-related, Randol said.
The homicide is San Jose's 35th of the year.
crime, shooting, san jose, south bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 6 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 4 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge 56 min ago
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full...
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos