South Bay News
Man fatally shot in east San Jose, suspect remains at large
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police are investigating a shooting that left a man dead Friday night in East San Jose.
Officers responded to a report of a person shot in the 900 block of Gilchrist Drive at about 9:40 p.m., Sgt. Heather Randol said.
When they arrived, they found a man suffering from at least one gunshot wound. The man, whose name has not yet been released, was pronounced dead at the scene, Randol said.
Police have not yet identified or apprehended a suspect, and the shooting remains under investigation, the sergeant said.
It is unknown if the incident was gang-related, Randol said.
The homicide is San Jose's 35th of the year.
crime, shooting, san jose, south bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday