South Bay News
Homicide victim found on SJSU campus parking lot
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose State University police are investigating a homicide after a person was found dead in a parked car on campus Sunday morning, a spokesman said.
The victim was found by a passerby in a parking lot near the campus tennis courts on Humboldt Street between 11th and 12th streets around 9:40 a.m., according to Sgt. John Laws.
Paramedics attempted to revive the victim before determining they were dead at the scene.
San Jose police initially responded, but then determined the homicide was within the jurisdiction of university police, Laws said.
Laws said the death is considered a homicide, but did not have any information on the likely cause of death. It is also unclear whether the homicide occurred at the location the body was found or elsewhere in the city, he said.
"We're pretty sure it had little or nothing to do with the university," Laws said.
The homicide is San Jose's 37th this year. It is only the fourth ever investigated by university police, according to Laws.
san jose, SJSU, crime, SJPD, south bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday 53 min ago
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
55 min ago