South Bay News
Police arrest man over stolen property in Morgan Hill
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- Police arrested three suspects with stolen property early Friday morning in Morgan Hill.
Morgan Hill police arrested Brianne Campana, 22, and Karlee Douglas, 19, both of San Jose, and 29-year-old Milpitas resident Adam Stout, for alleged possession of stolen property, narcotics possession, probation violation and for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Around 3 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle occupied by Stout and Campana on Condit Road for a traffic violation.
After learning that Stout was on probation, the officer conducted a search of his vehicle and found narcotics and drug paraphernalia.
Police also searched the suspects' hotel room at the Quality Inn, where they found more than 70 pieces of stolen property from six different cities across two counties.
Police found Douglas in the hotel room and arrested him. All three suspects were booked into the Santa Clara County Jail.
Morgan Hill police said the property may have been stolen from cars and are reminding residents to remove valuables from their vehicles.
crime, morgan hill, south bay news
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos