South Bay News
Police arrest man over stolen property in Morgan Hill
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- Police arrested three suspects with stolen property early Friday morning in Morgan Hill.
Morgan Hill police arrested Brianne Campana, 22, and Karlee Douglas, 19, both of San Jose, and 29-year-old Milpitas resident Adam Stout, for alleged possession of stolen property, narcotics possession, probation violation and for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Around 3 a.m., an officer stopped a vehicle occupied by Stout and Campana on Condit Road for a traffic violation.
After learning that Stout was on probation, the officer conducted a search of his vehicle and found narcotics and drug paraphernalia.
Police also searched the suspects' hotel room at the Quality Inn, where they found more than 70 pieces of stolen property from six different cities across two counties.
Police found Douglas in the hotel room and arrested him. All three suspects were booked into the Santa Clara County Jail.
Morgan Hill police said the property may have been stolen from cars and are reminding residents to remove valuables from their vehicles.
crime, morgan hill, south bay news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 34 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 16 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos