South Bay News
Four men arrested for home invasion in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Four men have been arrested after five suspects entered a home Thursday near San Jose and threatened two women with a gun before attempting to flee, a Santa Clara County sheriff's captain said Friday.
Charles Menifee, 21, Lamont Mims, 21, Randall Taylor, 19, and Darrell Samuels, 27, were arrested on suspicion of robbery, burglary and brandishing weapons, sheriff's Capt. Rick Sung said.
Menifee's bail was set at $350,000 while the other suspects are each being held on $300,000 bail, Sung said.
At about 11:20 a.m. Thursday, deputies responded to a reported burglary in progress in the 14000 block of Chrisland Avenue in unincorporated San Jose, Sung said.
The four men, accompanied by a fifth man who is still at large, allegedly went into a home and threatened the two females, who said that at least one man had a gun, Sung said.
The suspects attempted to elude deputies, who caught all but one of them after deploying a sheriff's helicopter and San Jose Police Department K-9 units, Sung said.
The home invasion and subsequent search of the suspects prompted deputies to place several schools and libraries in San Jose's Alum Rock area on lockdown.
san jose, home invasion, SJPD, school lockdown, crime, guns, south bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor 30 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
22 min ago