South Bay News
Four men arrested for home invasion in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Four men have been arrested after five suspects entered a home Thursday near San Jose and threatened two women with a gun before attempting to flee, a Santa Clara County sheriff's captain said Friday.
Charles Menifee, 21, Lamont Mims, 21, Randall Taylor, 19, and Darrell Samuels, 27, were arrested on suspicion of robbery, burglary and brandishing weapons, sheriff's Capt. Rick Sung said.
Menifee's bail was set at $350,000 while the other suspects are each being held on $300,000 bail, Sung said.
At about 11:20 a.m. Thursday, deputies responded to a reported burglary in progress in the 14000 block of Chrisland Avenue in unincorporated San Jose, Sung said.
The four men, accompanied by a fifth man who is still at large, allegedly went into a home and threatened the two females, who said that at least one man had a gun, Sung said.
The suspects attempted to elude deputies, who caught all but one of them after deploying a sheriff's helicopter and San Jose Police Department K-9 units, Sung said.
The home invasion and subsequent search of the suspects prompted deputies to place several schools and libraries in San Jose's Alum Rock area on lockdown.
san jose, home invasion, SJPD, school lockdown, crime, guns, south bay news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Salt levels in Delta prompts officials to release water 1 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan 50 min ago
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
52 min ago
- Salt levels in Delta prompts officials to...
1 min ago