South Bay News
SJ police investigate suspicious death of man found inside RV
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The death of an elderly man whose body was found in a recreational vehicle in downtown San Jose Monday morning appears suspicious and is under investigation, a police spokesman said.
San Jose police answered a call about a possible dead person at 3:39 a.m. near Fourth and Julian streets and located a man in his late 70s to early 80s inside the vehicle, police Officer Albert Morales said.
The man was unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene by medical personnel, Morales said.
Based on a preliminary investigation, police believe the man did not die of natural causes and the department's Crime Scene Unit arrived and collected potential evidence, Morales said.
The Santa Clara County medical examiner's is conducting an autopsy to determine the cause of death, Morales said.
A spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office said this morning that the office was not ready to release information about the man.
crime, san jose, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen 18 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash 41 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 52 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos