South Bay News
Paramedic delivers son in school parking lot
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (KGO) -- A paramedic from Monterey County put his professional training to work for his own family earlier this month.
Nathan Lindsay was in the car with his wife Portia on the way to the hospital when they realized newborn Nathan George wasn't going to wait for his parents to make it all the way to Santa Cruz before making his entrance to the world.
So the couple pulled into a school parking lot and dad put his paramedic training to work and delivered his son, in the front seat of the family's Honda Pilot.
santa cruz, monterey county, children, south bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem 53 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- CHP reopens two lanes of WB I-80 in SF
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos