South Bay News
Woman hospitalized after San Jose house fire
SAN JOSE -- An elderly woman suffering from smoke inhalation was transported to the hospital following a one-alarm house fire in San Jose this morning, according to a fire dispatcher.
Firefighters received a report of a fire at a single-family home in the 3400 block of Tokay Court, near Fernish Park, at about 2:30 a.m.
An elderly woman was transported to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and no other injuries have been reported, according to fire officials.
The fire was knocked down at 2:40 a.m. and fire officials remain on scene this morning investigating the cause of the blaze.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday