South Bay News
Woman hospitalized after San Jose house fire
SAN JOSE -- An elderly woman suffering from smoke inhalation was transported to the hospital following a one-alarm house fire in San Jose this morning, according to a fire dispatcher.
Firefighters received a report of a fire at a single-family home in the 3400 block of Tokay Court, near Fernish Park, at about 2:30 a.m.
An elderly woman was transported to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and no other injuries have been reported, according to fire officials.
The fire was knocked down at 2:40 a.m. and fire officials remain on scene this morning investigating the cause of the blaze.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 19 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 42 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 15 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case