South Bay News
CHP searching for vandal who shot cars on HW101
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The CHP is looking for the person who shot out windows on passing cars on busy Highway 101 during Wednesday evening's commute in San Jose.
A CHP officer told ABC7 News Thursday morning that they had received 12 reports from people who say their cars were hit by something but they have only been able to confirm nine victims. The evidence is still very clear as piles of shattered glass are still visible along the shoulder of the highway.
The CHP says most of the damage was done to windows on the right-hand side of the vehicles and was consistent with BBs. Right now, the case is a "whodunit" and the CHP doesn't have much to go on.
"Unfortunately, we have no suspect info at all, right now. We don't know if there was a call involved, if there was a pedestrian involved," Ofc. DJ Sarabia said. "It happened near the railroad trestles so we know that people walk over there, but at this point, it's undetermined.
The CHP is treating this matter as vandalism, or freeway violence. They say it's a very dangerous situation as someone could have been hit by broken glass and caused a bad accident on the highway.
Anyone with information on what happened, or any one of the three unconfirmed victims, is asked to contact the CHP.
crime, shooting, vandalism, highway 101, san jose, CHP, south bay news, katie marzullo
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court 26 min ago
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear...
26 min ago