South Bay News
Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle on southbound I-280
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A vehicle on southbound Interstate Highway 280 fatally struck a male pedestrian late Friday night, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Shortly after 11 p.m. the CHP received a call reporting that an automobile had struck a person on southbound I-280, just north of State Highway 87.
Officers responded to the scene of the collision and located the pedestrian and the involved vehicle on the right hand shoulder of the roadway.
Emergency crews pronounced the pedestrian, an unidentified male in his 30s, deceased at the scene.
The two right lanes of southbound I-280 were closed for the investigation and all lanes were reopened shortly before 1:30 a.m. this morning, according to the CHP.
pedestrian struck, san jose, I-280, south bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos