South Bay News
Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle on southbound I-280
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A vehicle on southbound Interstate Highway 280 fatally struck a male pedestrian late Friday night, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Shortly after 11 p.m. the CHP received a call reporting that an automobile had struck a person on southbound I-280, just north of State Highway 87.
Officers responded to the scene of the collision and located the pedestrian and the involved vehicle on the right hand shoulder of the roadway.
Emergency crews pronounced the pedestrian, an unidentified male in his 30s, deceased at the scene.
The two right lanes of southbound I-280 were closed for the investigation and all lanes were reopened shortly before 1:30 a.m. this morning, according to the CHP.
pedestrian struck, san jose, I-280, south bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos