South Bay News
Firefighters extinguish grass fire at Meadowfair Park in SJ
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Firefighters have put out a fire that burned in a city park Sunday afternoon, a dispatcher said.
The two-alarm fire was reported at about 12:50 p.m. in the vicinity of Meadowfair Park, an open space area near Barberry Lane and Corda Drive, according to the San Jose Fire Department.
No one was injured and no structures were threatened, the dispatcher said.
Fire crews started leaving the scene when the blaze was contained at about 1:40 p.m., he said.
The cause remains under investigation.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case