South Bay News
Students injured in San Jose school bus accident
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Three students were injured in a school bus accident at East Julian and North 28th streets in San Jose. That's near the McKee exit off Highway 101.
The bus in question was carrying three students from San Jose High School, which is very close by. Those three were taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The CHP says the bus was heading in the eastbound direction on 28th Street at about 4 p.m. when a white pickup truck turned left in front of it. The truck crashed into the bus and then collided with an SUV.
CHP officials say there is no left hand turn arrow at the light at that intersection.
The driver of the SUV was also taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The driver of the pickup truck was not cited at the scene. He was given what appears to be a preliminary drug test.
The bus is operated by First Student.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Stay with ABC7 News for the latest details on this developing story.
san jose, crash, children, south bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California 30 min ago
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond 3 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric artifacts
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos