South Bay News
One dead, two critical in SJ accident that split car in half
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Police are investigating an accident that left one person dead and two others in critical condition in San Jose early Sunday morning.
The accident happened around 1:50 a.m. in the area of Blossom Hill Road and Winfield Boulevard, which is right near the Westfield Oakridge Mall.
San Jose police said the car was speeding and ran into a street light.
Crews extinguished a fire in the car that was split in half.
crash, san jose, south bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 36 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- School marching band hit by robber gets big donation 23 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday