South Bay News
Santa Clara Sheriff's seek suspect after big drug find
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- The search is on for Jose Alonso Jimenez-Olmos, who Santa Clara County Sheriff's investigators claim was running a major drug operation. Deputies say they took a small fortune in drugs and cash out of his home in East San Jose, but is still on the loose.
Just one of the containers seized holds one pound of methamphetamine which has the street value of about $45,000.
Santa Clara County Sheriff's investigators say they found 29 lbs. of the drug, as well as four pounds of cocaine and a pound of heroin inside the home of Jimenez-Olmos. He's only 22, but investigators say he's the mastermind of the operation.
"He has ties to the San Jose area. His family is here. He has just very minor criminal history. No history of drug arrests, so we don't know where he is," said Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith.
The Sheriff's Department won't give the exact location of where the raid took place, only that it was at the suspect's home in an East San Jose neighborhood where houses are valued at around $1 million. They say much of the drugs, worth about $1.5 million, and $825,000 in cash were in plain sight.
Santa Clara County Sheriff's investigators say they have never seized this amount of money in any investigation. Just one stack of the money was worth $50,000.
With so much money in the hands of authorities, investigators believe Jimenez-Olmos is now in big trouble with a Mexican drug cartel, which they believe supplied him the drugs, but sheriff's investigators are hoping to find him first.
san jose, drugs, crime, south bay news, lilian kim
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 59 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 7 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos