South Bay News
Two-alarm fire at lumber yard in San Jose
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- A building collapsed in a two-alarm fire at a lumberyard near San Jose this morning, a Cal Fire captain said.
The fire was reported at 7:45 a.m. at the Padula Lumber Co. at 8149 Monterey Road, just outside of San Jose city limits.
As of 9:15 a.m., the blaze had been contained and had not spread beyond the yard, but the lumber company's main building had collapsed and other buildings were burning, Cal Fire Capt. Paul Provence said.
No injuries have been reported, he said.
san jose, fire, cal fire, south bay news, matt keller
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland boys' choir to sing for Mandela...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos