South Bay News
Audrie Pott's mother speaks out about cyber bullying
NEW YORK (KGO) -- It seems more and more teens are falling victim to cyber bullying these days. Sometimes parents are in the dark, including Sheila Pott of Saratoga found her daughter's Facebook messages too late. Pott's daughter Audrie killed herself after she was cyber bullied following a sexual assault at a house party last fall.
"These streams of messages, there was approximately eight of them, with people that were present at the party; let us know exactly what happened and how she felt, or we probably would have never known," said Pott.
Monday, Katie Couric sits down with Pott to talk about her story and what parents can do to identify cyber-bullying.
saratoga, crime, sex crimes, cyberbullying, facebook, websites, internet, smartphones, parenting, social media, audrie pott, katie couric, south bay news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday