South Bay News
Audrie Pott's mother speaks out about cyber bullying
NEW YORK (KGO) -- It seems more and more teens are falling victim to cyber bullying these days. Sometimes parents are in the dark, including Sheila Pott of Saratoga found her daughter's Facebook messages too late. Pott's daughter Audrie killed herself after she was cyber bullied following a sexual assault at a house party last fall.
"These streams of messages, there was approximately eight of them, with people that were present at the party; let us know exactly what happened and how she felt, or we probably would have never known," said Pott.
Monday, Katie Couric sits down with Pott to talk about her story and what parents can do to identify cyber-bullying.
saratoga, crime, sex crimes, cyberbullying, facebook, websites, internet, smartphones, parenting, social media, audrie pott, katie couric, south bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Stanford grad wins big deal on "Shark Tank"
42 min ago