South Bay News
Caltrain commuter train strikes pedestrian
MENLO PARK, Calif. -- All trains are stopped in both directions at Menlo Park after a southbound train struck a pedestrian there this afternoon, according to a Caltrain spokeswoman.
Train 258 struck a pedestrian at 4:22 p.m., according to Jayme Ackemann.
All trains are holding in both directions while police respond to the scene.
SamTrans is providing buses to ferry Caltrain passengers and accepting Caltrain fares on all its buses after a train struck a pedestrian in Menlo Park this afternoon, according to a Caltrain spokeswoman.
Bus shuttles are carrying passengers to the Redwood City, Menlo Park and Palo Alto stations while Caltrain works to clear the tracks following the collision, Caltrain spokeswoman Jayme Ackemann said.
Northbound trains are turning back at Palo Alto and southbound trains are turning back at Redwood City, Ackemann said.
Samtrans is also accepting Caltrain fare media on all of its buses.
Southbound train 258 reported that it struck a pedestrian in the area of Menlo Park at 4:22 p.m. Ackemann said.
caltrain, traffic, samtrans, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen 52 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 12 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 28 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
28 min ago
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos