South Bay News
Caltrain commuter train strikes pedestrian
MENLO PARK, Calif. -- All trains are stopped in both directions at Menlo Park after a southbound train struck a pedestrian there this afternoon, according to a Caltrain spokeswoman.
Train 258 struck a pedestrian at 4:22 p.m., according to Jayme Ackemann.
All trains are holding in both directions while police respond to the scene.
SamTrans is providing buses to ferry Caltrain passengers and accepting Caltrain fares on all its buses after a train struck a pedestrian in Menlo Park this afternoon, according to a Caltrain spokeswoman.
Bus shuttles are carrying passengers to the Redwood City, Menlo Park and Palo Alto stations while Caltrain works to clear the tracks following the collision, Caltrain spokeswoman Jayme Ackemann said.
Northbound trains are turning back at Palo Alto and southbound trains are turning back at Redwood City, Ackemann said.
Samtrans is also accepting Caltrain fare media on all of its buses.
Southbound train 258 reported that it struck a pedestrian in the area of Menlo Park at 4:22 p.m. Ackemann said.
caltrain, traffic, samtrans, south bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 46 min ago
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 3 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency 27 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos